HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Kinner Airster plans or 3 view? (Read 2042 times)
MikeRB
activemembers

I'll get it one of these
days

Marblehead
Kinner Airster plans or 3 view?
Feb 6th, 2009 at 5:12am

I am looking for plans or 3 views of the Kinner Airster, similar to what is pictured in this article:

http://www.amtonline.com/publication/article.jsp?pubId=1&id=4441&pageNum...

My 8 year old daughter is doing a project on Amelia Earhart, and asked (Yea!) to make a model of Amelia's first plane, an Airster name the "Canary".

I've looked through Dave Livesey's breifcase, all the dimer files I have and a couple of other plan and 3-view sources to no avail.

If I don't find anything, I'll swag it from some pictures and dimensions in an old issue of Flight, the structure is pretty straight forward. I was jsut hoping to save a bit of time, and maybe make a dimer out of it.

Thanks very much.

Mike

"I have learned to use the word 'impossible' with the greatest caution." Wernher von Braun

IP Logged

jernst
Forum Moderator

"looks good enough from
35 feet or so..."

Lansdale, PA - USA
Re: Kinner Airster plans or 3 view?
Reply #1 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 5:19am

Mike -

I have plans for a peanut scale Kinner "Canary". They're included in one of Bill Hannan's books. Unfortunately, I daon't have access to the books today, but will be able to scan and send them early next week - if that's not too late, or someone doesn't beat me to it.

john

WWW WWW  
IP Logged

MikeRB
activemembers

I'll get it one of these
days

Marblehead
Reply #2 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 6:22am

Thanks John.

"I have learned to use the word 'impossible' with the greatest caution." Wernher von Braun

IP Logged

JoshuaF
SFA Staff

MAXOUT

Moncks Corner
Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 7:09am

Mike,

Our own Al Backstrom drew a great set of plans for the aircraft, and it was featured in the Windy Sock a while back with a good 3-view. All you have to do to get them is send me your email address.

Sand it down to nothing, then cut it in half
WWW WWW flyingfinn5400q  
IP Logged

al_backstrom
activemembers

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 7:49am

Mike I am not tryiing to take Josuha's business away but if you will send me you snail mail address I think I have a copy of the dwg full size along with 3V and some pictures of the Amelia's "Crackerbox" Airster.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2009 at 7:50am by al_backstrom »  

IP Logged

MikeRB
activemembers

I'll get it one of these
days

Marblehead
Reply #5 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:17am

Thanks all of you very much.  She is very excited about the project, and I am excited to get to build with her.

John, it sounds like Al's plans will cover me, although it is always interesting to compare.  So don't put yourself out on this.

Josh, the ecopy wold be great, so we could get started this weekend, and with Al's info she may even be able to fly at the next Airistocrat's meet at the end of the month!

I can also point out to her what a great community this is!  Thanks again.

Mike

IP Logged